Monday, June 27, 2011

God's Faithfulness


God’s faithfulness

If you were paying attention Sunday evening you might have noticed a full rainbow in the sky. We read in Genesis about the rainbow

“And God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations; I have set my bow in the cloud , and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.”

This week we have talked a lot about God and his faithfulness. We saw this mainly by looking at God’s covenanting nature. Hopefully from this week’s lessons on the covenant we have learned more about who God is and have learned to rely more heavenly on God’s faithfulness. The sign of the rainbow was set in the clouds by God himself as a reminder to us and to himself that he will not again destroy the earth in this way (by a flood). So let me just remind everyone that God is trustworthy. Every time we look in the sky land see a rainbow or look down in the scriptures at the cross we trust in the faithfulness of God .

In Christ

Joe Hussung

No comments:

Post a Comment